The Choir is on tour in Europe! In this first of two episodes, we follow the Choristers and Scholars as they participate in the International Gregorian Chant Festival, Watou, while also enjoying Belgian hospitality and taking the opportunity to visit some of the Flanders battlefields.
Special thanks to all the Choristers, Scholars, staff, and Festival organisers who appear in the episode.
Next month we will have a wrap-up discussion about the second part of the tour, to Italy, and then the Lay Clerks’ trip to the Netherlands.
Please let us know if you've enjoyed this episode by leaving a review on iTunes. Subscribe to the podcast if you haven't already! Also, feel free to leave comments below.
- Hymn: Salve, festa dies (in rehearsal) (10:15)
- Antoine Brumel (c. 1460–1512/13), Agnus Dei from Missa de Dringhs (Cathedral Scholars) (12:44)
- Offertorium: Si ambulavero (Cathedral Scholars) (29:05)
- G.P. da Palestrina (c. 1525–94), Regina Cæli (Choristers & Cathedral Scholars) (31:08)
- Douglas Guest (1916–96), For the Fallen (Choristers & Cathedral Scholars) (recorded at Polygon Wood Cemetery, 11th May 2018) (34:58)